Thermoplastic Adhesives for High Volume, High Precision Operations
Aquabond's water soluble thermoplastic is designed for temporary mounting of hard materials for slicing, dicing, grinding, lapping and polishing, and works well as a chemical etch barrier. Aquabond® comes in 3 different bonding temperatures that can be purchased in puck form. The nomenclature depicts each product's melting temperature centigrade. For specific technical information, see Product Data. You can also view theMSDS sheets.
All products are virtually insoluble in cold or cool water, thus providing a strong bond in the presence of aqueous cutting lubricants and coolants.
All Aquabond thermoplastic adhesives when submerged inHOTwater will go to solution and not return. The use of Aquaclean 900™ and ultrasonic or air agitation greatly speeds debonding and aids in producing very clean finished parts. As long as your work piece is non-hazardous, and you already have the proper approvals, the solution can be poured down the drain.
AquaBond Temporary Adhesive Properties:
- Chemical Specific Solubility
- Water Soluble
- Superior Adhesion Strength
- Structural Stability
- Process Selectivity
- Broad Range of Bonding Temperatures (90-150C)
- Convenient Application (Stick or Bulk Ingots)
- Quick Preparation Time
- Eliminates or Reduces Blade Dressing
- Consistent, Stable Slicing
- Film Virtually Prevents Chatter During Machining
- Bonds Are Rigid But Not Brittle
AquaBond Temporary Adhesive Results:
- Safe, Easy Removal of Finished Parts
- Environmentally Friendly and Worker Safe
- Hazardous Materials, Including Solvents Are No Longer Needed
- Heat And Agitation Easily Improve Debonding Times
- Superior Performance
You can purchase Aquabond™
products using a credit card by calling516-935-4000.